"To preserve the reputation of the Fraternity unsullied must be your constant care."

BE A FREEMASON

Saturday, April 08, 2006

La Franc-Maconnerie Pour Les Nuls

The French edition of Freemasons For Dummies, entitles La Franc-Maconnerie Pour Les Nuls has been available now for just over four weeks. I have spoken with the French Co_autohor, Philippe Benhamou, who tells me it has sold 6700 copies in the first month of publication!


Brother Benhamou is a member of a lodge in Versailles. As I mentioned in the book,the notion of Masonic recognition is a sticky one, especially in the US where such issues can be hotly debated. Philippe's lodge is under the jurisdiction of the Grande Loge de France, the 2nd largest Grand Lodge in the country. Unfortunately, all mainstream US Grand Lodges recognize the Grande Loge Nationale Française - which is smaller in terms of membership. The upshot of this seemingly arcane discussion is that I can not sit in the same lodge with the co-author of my own book.


And if that isn't madness, I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ATTENTION!
SIGN YOUR NAME OR OTHERWISE IDENTIFY YOURSELF IN YOUR COMMENT POSTS IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A GOOGLE ACCOUNT.
Your comments will not appear immediately because I am forced to laboriously screen every post. I'm constantly bombarded with spam. Depending on the comments being made, anonymous postings on Masonic topics may be regarded with the same status as cowans and eavesdroppers, as far as I am concerned. If you post with an unknown or anonymous account, do not automatically expect to see your comment appear.